The MRU List project implements a WPF/MVVM compliant architecture to use lists of frequently used items. Important items can be bookmarked (pinned) etc ...
See the control in action inside Locult
The display of items in the MRU list is fully configurable but default implementation supports a Generic, ModernUI LIght, and
The screenshot below demos the Most Recently Used (MRU) list of items with the Generic WPF design.
The mouse hovers over the last hyperlink entry and the component shows a full path in the tool tip.
Some entries are are displayed partially since the available space is not sufficient to display the full path. The MRU List has a build in feature to use the available space with an intelligent display of ellipses instead of cutting of paths in
some rude way.
The system shows a needle like icon to the left. The user can move the mouse over it and click the pin to bookmark the entry. As shown in the next screenshot below:
The ViewModel is designed to service more than 1 possible display as you can see in the demo of the menu section below:
The list of MRU hyperlinks comes with a configurable list of common (localized) context menu entries (here showing the German version)
The default strings are already localized using
with Microsoft Translator
- Chinese (simplified), Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, and Spanish
The list of recent file items can be completely re-defined simply by re-implementing the RecentItems view:
The available entries in the context menu entries are:
- Load File ... this function is configurable to define the process that should happen when the user clicks the link. The consumer of the library can also re-define the displayed string and tool tip with a custom text.
- Copy Path to Clipboard copies the path into the Windows Clipboard
- Open with Windows Application opens the selected file in the associated Windows application
- Open in containing Folder opens the Windows Explorer with the folder in which the file is stored (if the file actually exists)
- Remove removes the selected MRU entry
- Remove All removes all MRU entries - note how the corresponding menu entries disappears when there is no child entry to show
Click the Xml demo tab with the GetXml
buttons to see how the currenlty displayed information is persisted to Xml and can also be restored from Xml.
- Click the GetXml button to retrieve the Xml for the currently shown items.
- Edit the Xml and click the SetXml button to re-define the currently shown items (make sure the Xml is valid).